According to Cangrejo, PGENRO personnel checked the area severaltimes last year but failed to apprehend quarry workers. The SB submitted to PGENRO yesterday photos of the quarry site anda resolution it passed on Oct. 14, 2019 yet requesting for a probe. According to Atty. Arturo Cangrejo, officer-in-charge of PGENRO,the SB resolution also identified the lots where the quarry was allegedly beingcarried out He also suggested to the SB of Calinog to hold public hearings andgather the people’s sentiments about the quarry operation in the area./PN “We need them, especially angbarangay officials, nga tani early pa lang ma-inform na kami,” said Cangrejo. These lots, with a total width of some two hectares, were “locatedoutside of the approved quarry area”, read part of the resolution. “Sa kalayo sang area. Bythe time maka-respond kami didto usually ang maabtan namon patay na nga loader or backhoe. Wala ka na pamangkutan kay nakapalagyo naang tawo,” said Cangrejo. The PGENRO also issued a quarry cease and desist order coveringthe areas last year, added Cangrejo. But he acknowledged that his office couldnot possibly watch the area 24/7. He thus appealed to residents in the area for help. If left unchecked, according to the SB, the quarry would result to“riverbank denudation to the detriment of farmers living along adjacent lots.” ILOILO – The Sangguniang Bayan (SB) of Calinog town urged theProvincial Government Environment and Natural Resources Office (PGENRO) toinvestigate what it alleged to be an illegal quarry in the municipality’sBarangay Ipil.