Loading… read also:Pinnick restates NFF’s support for Nigeria Pitch Awards as seventh event moves to November “The Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare as well as the President of NFF, Mr. Pinnick asked me to deliver their messages of empathy to the Government and people of Kebbi State on the havoc caused by the flooding of a fortnight ago. They pray that Kebbi State would not witness such unfortunate incident again.” Dr. Sanusi also assured that the Minister and the NFF President would be on ground for the opening of the FIFA Mini-Stadium when the construction is completed in March 2021. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr. Sunday Dare, and the President of Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick have both empathised with the Government and people of Kebbi State on the incidence of flooding which occurred in the State penultimate week. The messages of Mr. Dare and Mr. Pinnick were delivered to the Executive Governor of Kebbi State, His Excellency Senator Abubakar Atiku Bagudu on Monday by the General Secretary of the NFF, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi. While making his remark at the ground-breaking ceremony of the FIFA/NFF Mini-Stadium in Birnin Kebbi, attended by Governor Bagudu, his deputy, Colonel Samaila Yombe-Dabe and many members of the State Executive Council, Dr. Sanusi said the hearts of Messrs Dare and Pinnick are with the government and good people of the State over the unfortunate incident.Advertisement Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemThe Best Cars Of All TimeYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Irresistibly Gorgeous Asian ActressesHere Are The Top 10 Tiniest Mobile Phones On The Planet!Best Car Manufacturers In The World
Without help, the UN says it will not be able to meet payroll.Staff salaries at the United Nations may be in jeopardy if member states don’t pay their bill soon.UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said “This month, we will reach the deepest deficit of the decade. We risk entering November without enough cash to cover payrolls.”The United States is the largest contributor at 22% and figures show Washington owes around $381 million for prior regular budgets and $674 million for 2019.Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Tuesday that he’s been working for months to cut spending and that’s the only reason they were able to hold the recent meeting of the General Assembly in New York last month. There are 193 member states in the UN. As of this writing, only 129 have paid their regular contributions to the regular budget. At the end of May 2019, Guterres said the organization was in arrears for $492 million.“We are at a tipping point,” Guterres said, “and what we do next will matter for years to come.”According to the Council for Foreign Relations, the U.S. contributed over $10 billion to the UN in 2017. That accounts for approximately one-fifth of the UN’s budget. Agencies that received the greatest amount of money were the World Food Program, the Department of Peacekeeping Operations and the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
Nevada officials reach out to D-backs on potential relocation Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and his team are riding high after a thrilling 20-18 win over the New England Patriots. Now 2-0, the Cardinals are starting to look like a playoff contender. “I just want to get into the playoffs. Last two years going home in January ain’t been cool,” Dockett said. “My whole focus is trying to get this team in the tournament. If we can get in the tournament, anything can happen.” D-backs president Derrick Hall: Franchise ‘still focused on Arizona’ Dockett feels that selfless play by the defense is what makes his team work. He claims he is “sacrificing everything for the team right now” and “not a guy on this team is thinking selfishly.”“If a guy had one tackle and we win a game, be happy with that one tackle,” Dockett. “That is just another step closer to what we are trying to get in January and February.”Dockett said he has confidence in everyone he lines up with and always has. “I think Rod Graves has done a great job at getting the right guys in here, guys that really want to play football and really want to win,” Dockett said. One player it may have been easy to lose confidence in is running back Ryan Williams, who fumbled the ball in a key situation and nearly cost the team the game. However, Dockett said that he was glad the something like that happened to Williams because it gives him a chance to learn. “He might be in that same exact situation this week where we have to get him the ball. I can almost guarantee that he is going to hold on to that ball next time,” Dockett said. “I guarantee that is going to be in the back of his mind for the rest of his career.” 0 Comments Share Cardinals expect improving Murphy to contribute right away What an MLB source said about the D-backs’ trade haul for Greinke Top Stories
UK government appoints Ben Elliot as food waste championPosted By: Martin Whiteon: January 03, 2019In: Business, Environment, Food, Industries, Social responsibilityPrintEmailThe UK government has appointed Ben Elliot as its first food surplus and waste champion, as it aims to curb the amount of food that is wasted in the country.An estimated 10.2 million tonnes of food is wasted in the UK annually, and Elliot’s primary responsibility will be to devise a strategy which drastically reduces unnecessary food waste “from all sources.”A statement released by the government said that Elliot will work with businesses and other stakeholders from across retail, food manufacturing, hospitality and food services to tackle this issue.The creation of the role was a key commitment made in the government’s Resources and Waste Strategy launched in December 2018, which outlined the government’s ambition to eliminate food waste being sent to landfill sites by 2030.Ben Elliot said: “Whilst families all over the country struggle to put food on the table and children still go to school each day with empty stomachs, there continues to be an unforgivable amount of food waste which is both morally deplorable and largely avoidable.“As a nation, we need to stop this excessive waste and ensure that surplus food finds its way to people in our society who need it most, and not let it get thrown away and go to landfill.“The progress that we have made at the Felix Project has had a positive impact on thousands of people’s lives in London and I am extremely grateful to all of those involved in the food sector that have been so supportive.“My new appointment will allow me to work with DEFRA and food retailers all over the country to help build out a nationwide strategy that will ensure surplus food is not wasted at the expense of those in our society that truly need it.”In October last year, UK environment secretary Michael Gove announced that the government would commit £15 million in funding to help surplus food reach charities, and Gove claims that Elliot’s appointment will bolster the government’s efforts to tackle the food waste issue.Gove added: “Food waste is an economic, environmental and moral scandal. We must end it.“That’s why I am delighted Ben Elliot is taking up this position and know he will bring the enthusiasm and skills this important role needs.“His first task will be to help ensure our £15m million food waste fund redistributes surplus food that would otherwise be wasted to those most in need.”Share with your network: Tags: food wastesustainabilityUK