Conor McGregor expresses regret during court date over UFC backstage melee

first_img Since you’re here… Conor McGregor has turned into what he once condemned: a bully and a bum Share on Messenger Les Carpenter Assistant district attorney Janet Gleeson said the case hasn’t been presented to a grand jury for possible indictment because of the plea negotiations, signaling interest from all sides in resolving the matter swiftly. McGregor and Cowley are due back in court on 26 July. Share on Facebook Conor McGregor caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman)yoooooo… first time seeing this one. Conor has legit lost his mind. pic.twitter.com/XcLFd2FIMoApril 5, 2018 Topics Share on WhatsApp Share on Pinterest Support The Guardian UFC MMA US sports Video footage showed McGregor hurling an object at a bus full of fighters after a press conference for UFC 223 at New York’s Barclays Center in April. He and an entourage that UFC president Dana White described as “20 hoodlums that flew in from Ireland” crashed the event allegedly looking for retaliation against main event fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov, who had been in an altercation with McGregor’s friend, Artem Lobov.Video also showed McGregor tossing trash cans and being blocked from throwing a barricade in the incident. Fighters Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were hurt by shattered glass, forcing them from their bouts. White said McGregor justified the confrontation in a text exchange just before he turned himself in to police. According to White, he said it “had to be done.” Share on Twitter Conor McGregor expressed regret on Thursday for a backstage melee at a Brooklyn arena, and is in plea negotiations to resolve charges in the case. The former UFC champion and co-defendant Cian Cowley remain free on bail after a brief court appearance.The men marched into court in tight blue suits, and passed a gallery packed with reporters and other defendants waiting for their hearings. They stood and said little during the appearance. “I regret my actions that led me here today,” McGregor said outside court afterward. “I understand the seriousness of this matter and I’m hopeful to get it resolved soon.” Share via Email Read more … we have a small favour to ask. More people, like you, are reading and supporting the Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before. And unlike many news organisations, we made the choice to keep our reporting open for all, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.The Guardian will engage with the most critical issues of our time – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.We hope you will consider supporting us today. We need your support to keep delivering quality journalism that’s open and independent. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Support The Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. Share on LinkedIn Reuse this contentlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *