Turkuaz Announces Extensive Fall Tour With Con Brio, The Suffers, And More

first_imgFunk powerhouse Turkuaz will embark on a massive tour this coming fall, with nearly 50 stops spanning coast-to-coast beginning in mid-September. In addition to previously announced dates with Sinkane throughout the West Coast, the band will be joined by Con Brio and The Suffers on select stops across the country, with Pimps of Joytime joining later for a pre-New Year’s Eve run in Boston and New Haven. The band will make a noteworthy stop at the newly opened Brooklyn Steel for a hometown throwdown in November, while continuing to dominate the festival circuit at events like Whale Rock Music Festival, Joshua Tree Music Festival, LEAF Festival, and Hangtown Music Festival.With the band’s recent nonstop trajectory, sitting in with Umphrey’s McGee and Mike Gordon this past weekend at Peach Festival and constantly ruling the national touring circuit, it would be a huge mistake to miss Turkuaz on tour. Visually, they’re a sight to behold, from synchronized dance moves down to a coordinated color scheme, but musically, they’re one of the tightest funk acts in the game right now.Live for Live Music is thrilled to be teaming up with the dynamic nine-piece to provide behind-the-scenes coverage, real-time recaps, and more updates from the road throughout the cross-country tour.Special, fan pre-sale tickets are available now at www.turkuazband.com ahead of general public on sale this Friday, Aug 18 @ 12pm local time.last_img read more

See More

Food E-Talk

first_imgThe University of Georgia Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Education Program has launched Food eTalk, the country’s only evidence-based online SNAP-Ed program.UGA SNAP-Ed, a nutrition education and obesity prevention program funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture that targets low-income audiences, is delivered through UGA Cooperative Extension network in partnership with diverse stakeholders and communities across the state.Food eTalk is an innovative, smartphone-based eLearning nutrition education program tailored to the specific needs of SNAP-eligible adult Georgians.The program features six 10-minute interactive lessons, cooking videos and just-in-time learning videos, backed by research conducted by UGA faculty, graduate students and staff within the College of Family and Consumer Sciences.“Online programming is relatively new to the SNAP-Ed program,” said Jung Sun Lee, UGA Athletic Association Professor in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences. “This groundbreaking nutrition education method allows us to increase our reach and impact. We also wanted to provide contextual learning opportunities, such as point-of-decision making in a supermarket, and allow participants to learn at their own teachable moment.”Food eTalk includes a mobile-first interface, user-friendly navigation and even a Southern-accented voiceover, in addition to lessons focused on sodium reduction, increasing intake of fruits and vegetables, food resource management principles and food safety.Historically, SNAP-Ed programming has been offered via in-person food demonstrations in a classroom setting.“Low-income families, like many others, have busy schedules due to work and other responsibilities,” said Allisen Penn, associate dean for Extension and outreach in FACS. “Food eTalk is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so they can access the programming any time and any place convenient for them.”The UGA SNAP-Ed program reaches around 2 million Georgians a year through direct, online and social marketing interventions and has received more than $20 million in funding since its founding in 2013, she added.“Our target audience is very tech savvy,” said Edda Cotto-Rivera, UGA SNAP-Ed’s program coordinator. “This is another way of reaching out with the information we want to share with them.”For more information about the Food E-Talk program visit www.foodtalk.org.last_img read more

See More

Oddschecker ups football reach by acquiring WhoScored

first_img Sky Betting & Gaming (Sky Bet) affiliate marketing subsidiary Oddschecker Global Media has expanded its football publishing portfolio by acquiring popular match information portal WhoScored.com.Undertaking an undisclosed sum transaction, Oddschecker adds the high coverage WhoScored portal to its portfolio, securing a leading destination for football live scores, statistics and proprietary player ratings generated by Next-Game Limited.Confirming the acquisition, Toby Bentall, CEO of Oddschecker Global Media, stated: “I am delighted to welcome the WhoScored team to Oddschecker Global Media. WhoScored.com is a well-established site with a fantastic product and brand which draws a strong audience in our key target territories. The acquisition will enhance our strong product offering while the integration will allow WhoScored to leverage our core strengths, thereby delivering growth to both businesses.”Founded in 2008, WhoScored provides in-depth insight and analysis of football data to a large international audience.The portals data is captured across 500 football leagues, 15,000 teams and 250,000 players; a proprietary algorithm then automatically generates player ratings based on more than 200 data points which are collected in real-time during matches.Cristiano Acconci, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of WhoScored, added: “I am thrilled that WhoScored will be joining Oddschecker. We share the same passion of serving football fans around the world with outstanding content.“Their global presence, innovative technology and extensive commercial experience makes them the perfect partner to help accelerate WhoScored’s growth. The team looks forward to developing the product further while leveraging the talent of our new colleagues.” Oddschecker: ‘Unusual circumstances’ fail to hinder Royal Ascot traffic July 23, 2020 Submit Oddschecker: Cheltenham data to dispel ante post perception? February 19, 2020 Share Share StumbleUpon Related Articles Restructured GVC sidelines Oddschecker affiliate services  July 8, 2020last_img read more

See More

All players kneel for national anthem as NWSL becomes first major U.S. team sport to return

first_imgIn advance of the game, broadcast on CBS, several star players from the NWSL participated in an essay to mark the return of American pro team sports and indicate they feel the absence of fans from this tournament, which will be played entirely inside a quarantine “bubble.”“Today is another step in our return,” said several players in unison, including U.S. women’s national team players Casey Short, Lindsey Horan and Abby Dahlkemper.“We are back.” The players from both teams wore Black Lives Matter T-shirts over their uniforms during warm-ups and as they lined up for the anthem in advance of the opening game of the NWSL Challenge Cup, a tournament that runs until the championship July 26 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah.MORE: Will Roger Goodell kneel with NFL players in 2020? As Halliday was introduced over the loudspeaker, the 22 players assembled on the field each dropped to one knee. Nearly half the players held their right hands over their hearts and Halliday played. Reserve players on the sideline were kneeling, as well.US men’s national team forward Jozy Altidore tweeted the message: “Powerful.” The National Women’s Soccer League on Saturday in Utah became the first major U.S.-based team sports concern to return to active competition following the shutdown necessitated in March by the COVID-19 pandemic. And the members of the Portland Thorns and North Carolina Courage became the first to kneel, unanimously, as the Star-Spangled Banner was played in advance of the game by saxophonist David Halliday.”We took a knee today to protest racial injustice, police brutality, and systemic racism against Black people and people of color in America,” read a joint statement from the Thorns and Courage players issued just after the anthem concluded. “We love our country and we have taken this opportunity to hold it to a higher standard. It is our duty to demand that the liberties and freedoms that this nation was founded upon are extended to everyone.”last_img read more

See More

Government to Host NIDS Town Hall Meetings

first_imgStory Highlights This was disclosed by Director of Communications and Public Affairs in the Office of the Prime Minister, Robert Morgan, during a press conference at Jamaica House on Tuesday (November 14). The Government’s roll-out of a robust national public education campaign on the National Identification System (NIDS) will continue with a series of town hall meetings islandwide.The first is scheduled for Emancipation Park in New Kingston on Thursday, November 23), starting at 6:00 p.m.This was disclosed by Director of Communications and Public Affairs in the Office of the Prime Minister, Robert Morgan, during a press conference at Jamaica House on Tuesday (November 14).He informed that the NIDS team and other stakeholders will be available to answer all queries from the public about the system.The NIDS, which is scheduled for implementation in 2019, will provide a comprehensive and secure structure to enable the capture and storage of identity information for all Jamaicans.Under the system, each citizen will be provided with a randomised nine-digit National Identification Number (NIN), which they will have for life.Mr. Morgan informed that the public education campaign began on Monday (November 13) with advertisements across various media platforms.“You will note that there are ads on television, in the newspapers, on radio and social media educating people about what the NIDS means,” he said.The Communications Director further noted that the NIDS team and other related personnel will make themselves available to “all media houses, interest groups, and stakeholder groups to answer whatever questions they wish to ask”.“There will also be a framework created to update the nation consistently on the steps that are being taken in the implementation of the programme,” he added.For more information, persons can visit the website: www.nidsfacts.com; follow @NIDSfacts on Twitter and Instagram, NIDS Facts on Facebook; or call: 927-9941-3.Implementation of NIDS is supported by the National Identification and Registration Bill, which was passed in the Senate on Monday (November 13) with 168 amendments, and was returned to the House of Representatives on Tuesday (November 14) for approval.With anticipated funding of US$68 million from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Government intends to put the NIDS infrastructure and systems in place over the next 12 months, beginning with a pilot project.This is expected to be followed by the national roll-out in September 2019, over a three- to four-year period.The layered roll-out and management of the NIDS will be handled by a new agency, the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA), which will replace the Registrar General’s Department (RGD) and provide more enhanced services. The first is scheduled for Emancipation Park in New Kingston on Thursday, November 23), starting at 6:00 p.m. The Government’s roll-out of a robust national public education campaign on the National Identification System (NIDS) will continue with a series of town hall meetings islandwide.last_img read more

See More

General Public Notices

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, September 10, 2017 – Providenciales – The general public is advised that the utilities and communication companies continue to work to assess the extent of damages to their networks.    Additional repair crews have begun to arrive and they are arranging visits to all islands as a matter of priority.FORTIS Crews have begun work along the Leeward Highway and has listed the following areas as priority; Five Cays, Blue Hills, Downtown, Kew Town, South Dock, Grace Bay and the Airport.DIGICEL Teams along with helicopters has begun to arrive in the TCI and will make trips to other islands to assess the damages and to restore communications to their customersFLOW has begun country wide assessment of damages to their network and are sending teams to the family islands to begin repairs for the restoration of services to its customers.Provo water company will continue to provide periodic access to water supply in select communities.    Blue Hills, Wheeland and the far end of Chalk Sound continue to face challenges with water supply due to extensive damages along the network in those areas.This is a general public announcement.   Persons should look out for specific information released by the respective utilities and communication companies for up to date informationPlease share this message  with family and friend to keep all informed.   We are committed to rebuild TCI together. Related Items:last_img read more

See More