At The Drive-In Releases “Governed By Contagions”, Their First New Song In 16 Years

first_imgPost-hardcore legends At The Drive-In have officially released their first new song in 16 years. The new track, “Governed By Contagions”, comes from their forthcoming album, which will be released at some point in 2017. The track features the guitar fireworks that we’ve come to expect from Omar Rodriguez Lopez, pulsating drums, and the incredible vocal range of Cedric Bixler-Zavala, who seems to be all-systems-go after his vocal chord injury earlier this year that forced the band to cancel several of their comeback shows.Listen to “Governed By Contagions” below! We’ll provide more information on the new At The Drive-In album as it’s announced.last_img read more

See More

Solitaire ups pre-tax profits

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

See More

Germany stamps authority on Lufthansa with $9.8 billion lifeline

first_imgBerlin, which has set up a 100 billion euro fund to take stakes in companies struck by the coronavirus crisis, said it plans to sell the Lufthansa stake by the end of 2023.“When the company is fit again, the state will sell its stake and hopefully … with a small profit that puts us into a position to finance the many, many requirements which we have to meet now, not only at this company,” Scholz added.Conditions of the deal include the waiver of future dividend payments and limits on management pay, Lufthansa said, adding that the government will also fill two seats on its supervisory board, with one becoming a member of the audit committee. Germany threw Lufthansa a 9 billion euro (US$9.8 billion) lifeline on Monday, agreeing a bailout which gives Berlin a veto in the event of a hostile bid for the airline.The largest German corporate rescue since the coronavirus crisis struck will see the government get a 20 percent stake, which could rise to 25 percent plus one share in the event of a takeover attempt, as it seeks to protect thousands of jobs.Lufthansa has been locked in talks with Berlin for weeks over aid it needs to survive an expected protracted travel slump, with the airline wrangling over how much control to yield in return for financial support. Silent participationUnder the bailout package, details of which were earlier reported by Reuters, the government will also inject 5.7 billion euros in non-voting capital, known as a silent participation.Part of this could be converted into an additional 5 percent equity stake, either to protect Lufthansa against a hostile takeover or in case coupon payments of 4 percent in 2020 and 2021, increasing to 9.5 percent by 2027, are missed by the airline.“This (bailout deal) will prevent Lufthansa from being sold out,” Economy Minister Peter Altmaier said, adding that it would help to save thousands of jobs but did not include any extra environmental conditions on top of planned measures.Lufthansa will separately receive a 3-billion-euro three-year loan from state-backed KfW and private banks.The state’s WSF rescue fund plans to refrain from exercising voting rights at regular shareholder meetings under the bailout deal, which still requires approval by shareholders as well as the European Commission, Lufthansa said.Altmaier declined to give details about the remaining sticking points in negotiations with the European Commission, but he said he was convinced that Brussels would give the green light for the bailout.“We liaised with Brussels on all big rescue packages with which we avoided millions of unemployed and prevented a lot of companies from bankruptcy. They were all approved at the end… so this gives me hope that we’ll also find a solution in this case,” Altmaier told ARD public television.Germany is still discussing with Europe’s competition watchdog which airport slots it will have to give up to ensure the bailout does not hamper competition, a person close to the matter said.“Scrutiny is extremely thorough as it is the first large equity-based bailout in the pandemic,” the source said.German newspaper Handelsblatt reported that Chancellor Angela Merkel told fellow conservatives during a closed-door meeting on Monday that Berlin would fight to ensure that remedies were not too stringent.Topics :center_img Germany’s central government has spent decades offloading stakes in companies, but remains a large shareholder in former state monopolies such as Deutsche Post and Deutsche Telekom. Berlin also still has a 15 percent holding in Commerzbank, which it took on during the global financial crisis.Other airlines including Franco-Dutch Air France-KLM and US carriers American Airlines, United Airlines and Delta Air Lines have also sought state aid after the coronavirus hit global travel.Germany’s Finance and Economy Ministries said on Monday that Lufthansa, whose shares closed up 7.5 percent at 8.64 euros, had been operationally healthy and profitable with good prospects, but had run into trouble because of the pandemic.“The support that we’re preparing here is for a limited period,” Finance Minister Olaf Scholz said of the deal, under which Germany is buying new shares at the nominal value of 2.56 euros apiece for a total of about 300 million euros.last_img read more

See More

Kick It Out seek change at the top

first_imgSenior positions in football remain a “bastion of white male domination”, the head of the game’s anti-discrimination group Kick It Out has warned. A Premier League statement said a review of the matter was underway ahead of the audit and remuneration committee meeting. The league statement said: “We do not recognise this characterisation of the working environment at the Premier League, nor do we believe that it can be supported by the facts. “The chief executive has already apologised for any offence caused and a proper review of all the evidence is now underway within the Premier League’s established and rigorous procedures. “This process is not yet concluded and it is therefore not possible to offer comments in detail at this stage. However we will make a further statement in due course “The Premier League continues to be fully committed to treating all staff fairly and on merit, regardless of gender.” The emails referred to women in a derogatory terms, contained sexual innuendoes, and made jokes about “female irrationality”. A Downing Street spokesman said Prime Minister David Cameron shared the view expressed by sports minister Helen Grant that Scudamore’s comments were “unacceptable” but that it was for the Premier League to decide on his future. The Prime Minister’s official spokesman said: “Helen Grant … was right to say what she did, I have clearly associated the Prime Minister directly with those remarks. “But in terms of staffing decisions at the Premier League, it’s for the Premier League.” The Prime Minister admitted he had not personally read the messages sent by Mr Scudamore but said everyone had to treat others with respect. Asked if a minister would survive in their job if they admitted sexist behaviour, he told BBC Radio 5 Live: “I don’t think they would. “I have to be careful what I say because I haven’t seen these specific emails but…we have to set and keep high standards in politics. “I have tried to enforce that in my own party.” He added: “I haven’t actually seen the emails myself but obviously people should treat everybody else with respect.” Ouseley’s speech will say: “In effect and in reality the top of the football pyramid is still a bastion of white male domination and finds difficulty in having to face up to the challenge of change which, if tackled seriously, would mean giving up some space to allow the participation of women, black, Asian and disabled people as equals within its decision-making structures and as employees at all levels. “Some in leadership positions are trying to move policies and practices forward positively but progress, while notable and helpful, remains painfully slow. “More often than not there is little or no interest whatsoever in the boardrooms or the senior management teams for any high-profile equality and diversity activity, and most clubs and some of the over-arching bodies would be much more comfortable for it to go away as an issue. “In fact, many leaders in football hold the view that there is no longer a race or discrimination problem and it is time for Kick It Out to pack its bags and move on.” Meanwhile, the Premier League has defended its working environment after the woman who blew the whistle on the sexist emails said she was “humiliated” and “demeaned”. Speaking on Good Morning Britain, Rani Abraham said: “They were sexist – very, very degrading to women.” Asked what she thought should happen to Scudamore, she said: “I feel he should resign” – and if he did not, then “he should be asked to leave”. The Football Association’s independent board member Heather Rabbatts, who will chair a meeting of its inclusion advisory board to discuss the case on Tuesday, has said Scudamore should consider his position in light of “growing evidence of a closed culture of sexism” at the Premier League. Lord Herman Ouseley, in comments to be delivered to the 20th anniversary dinner of Kick It Out on Tuesday, says there is little interest among clubs in introducing equality or diversity in board rooms. Ouseley’s speech comes with interest focused as a Premier League committee meets to discuss sexist emails sent by chief executive Richard Scudamore. Press Associationlast_img read more

See More

FORMER DONEGAL POLITICIAN WANTS HOTLINE FOR SPORTS CHEATS

first_imgFormer Donegal politician Cecilia Keaveney has called for a special hotline to be set up to blow the whistle on match fixing.Cecilia KeaveneyThe Inishowen woman and former Fianna Fail Senator was previously the chairperson of the Council of Europe Sports Committee.She was responding to the latest claims of match fixing in soccer. Ms Keaveney says the GAA and the FAI should now lead the way in the fight against such alleged rigging of games.She said a specialist line should be set up so athletes can give information without being targeted by criminals making cash from such rigging of games.“The sport (soccer) is waiting for a blazing fire of evidence but we know that if it is possible then it will take place,” she saidForeign betting gangs have constantly tried to infiltrate some Irish sports including League of Ireland soccer.  FORMER DONEGAL POLITICIAN WANTS HOTLINE FOR SPORTS CHEATS was last modified: December 1st, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Ceclia Keaveneycheatinghotlinematch-fixinglast_img read more

See More