EXCLUSIVE: Donegal teenage goalkeeping star Joe Coll has revealed it was HIS decision to leave Manchester United – because he wasn’t getting enough football.The big Glenea man looked set to follow in the footsteps of Packie Bonner and Shay Given by becoming the next big goalkeeping sensation.But this week Joe made the brave decision to quit the Red Devils because he was not playing enough games. Joe signed to the Old Trafford side two years ago aged just 16 and still had a full year to go on his contract but has now decided to quit the club.However in an exclusive interview Joe told Donegaldaily how it was his decision to leave Man Utd and he did so on good terms but felt it was the best move for his career.“I asked to be released because I simply did not feel I was getting enough football,” he told us.“Manchester United are a big club and they have a lot of goalkeepers and people fighting for places. “I sat down and asked them if I was going to get more football and they said they couldn’t guarantee me anything.“I just decided there and then that I needed more football if my career was to develop,” he said.Joe revealed he still hasn’t found another club but that he is hopeful of continuing to play football.“I have nothing concrete but I’m sure I will be speaking to a number of people,” he explained.“I have learned so much in the past two years at Manchester United and I couldn’t say a bad word about the people at the club. “I just thought I owed it to myself to try and fulfill the potential that I think I have.“I didn’t think I could do that if I wasn’t going to get football this season,” he said.DONEGAL SOCCER STAR REVEALS HE LEFT MAN UTD TO GET MORE FOOTBALL was last modified: July 4th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:GLENEAJoe CollMan Utd
Karen Griffith claimed this year’s Humboldt County Women’s Association golf tournament with a three-round over-the-field gross score of 266. Rosalinda Brainerd finished the event with an over-the-field low net score (a golfer’s score combined with their personal handicap) of 210, the best low net score of the tournament. The first round of the tournament began Monday, July 30 at the Eureka Municipal Golf Course. The second round was played at Redwood Empire, in Fortuna, on July 31. The final …
Roberto Ortiz delivered on a 35-yard field goal in double-overtime to lift College of the Redwoods past visiting Gavilan College 32-29, Saturday afternoon at Community Stadium.Redwoods (1-1) recovered from an early 14-point deficit to earn Saturday’s victory, its first of the season.“Our defense carried us to the win today,” Redwoods head coach Frank Borba said. “Our defensive line was lights out. We switched some things up after last week and really just let our guys play today.”Redwoods’ …
The 6th SA Premier Business Awards preparations are underway and the call for entry is open till the 22nd February 2019.Brand South Africa’s recipient of the Play Your Part award 2018 was Clover Mama Afrika whose emphasis was on the spirit of Ubuntu, reflects on the journey since winning the award.The story of Clover Mama Afrika;The Clover Mama Afrika project was founded on the ancient wisdom of Ubuntu. A uniquely African school of thought, where there is a clear understanding that the true meaning of life lies in the community ties that bind us: “I am because you are.” But Ubuntu is more than that; it is the sharing of natural resources, built on the principle of equity between generations. It is empathy and compassion for others and a mutual respect for human dignity. It is knowing that we belong to a greater whole, creating an interconnected world of mutual support.By uplifting our Clover Mama Afrikas through skills development training, they share their knowledge with their communities, and we are proud to be a part of this transformation.Brand South Africa recently spoke to Prof Elain Vlok, Manager: Corporate Services for Clover Mama Afrika.Q: How has business been since winning the Play your Part award at the SA Premier Business Awards?A: The recognition that we get when winning a prestigious award is always a good feeling. It inspires us to do more and it benefits all concerned, in our case the Clover Mamas that we support. The award also gave us more exposure which has led to individuals wanting to get more involved with the project.Q: What has been the biggest highlight for the company?A: We appointed a new Clover Mama Afrika in the latter part of 2018. Mama Gail Koeberg in Magaliesburg who has already been given a fully equipped bakery and has received the necessary training.Q: How has Clover Mama continued playing its part?A: Clover Mama Afrika continues to grow from strength to strength. Each Clover Mama Afrika is dedicated in efforts to alleviate poverty within her respective communitiesQ: What plans are in line for the year ahead?A: We have a full calendar for 2019 with no less than 23 skills training sessions, from sewing to cooking, baking, quilting and mosaic courses. We will also be doing on-site training.Q: What’s your advice to other organisations out there in helping to make things better for South AfricaA: No company should turn a blind eye to helping those in need – we are definitely not saying that you need to keep handing out without expecting anything in return. Companies must teach each other to stand on their own two feet. No need for free handouts. Our Clover Mama Afrikas have become a strong voice in teaching people that they can do it for themselves. They stand united in being the change they want to see for our beautiful country.Brand South Africa commends active citizens such as Clover Mama Afrika for playing their part and encourages every South African citizen to take a stand and reinforce the spirit of ubuntu.For more information on the South African Premier Business Awards, rules and entry forms, go to www.sapremierbusinessawards.co.za or call 0861 843 384. Hand delivered entries will close at 15:30pm on Friday, 22 February 2019 and Online Entries will close at midnight on Friday, 22 February 2019, no late entries will be accepted.
MOST READ National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center brews the 2nd National Coffee Education Congress NGCP on security risk: Chinese just technical advisers Gilas’ Standhardinger on China: ‘I hope they won’t like playing against me’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Trump strips away truth with hunky topless photo tweet DILG, PNP back suspension of classes during SEA Games LATEST STORIES FEU Auditorium’s 70th year celebrated with FEU Theater Guild’s ‘The Dreamweavers’ READ: Fajardo still ready to play in Fiba Asia Cup if calf injury improves “If he can play, then that’s a bonus, but we’re preparing as if he can’t, because it’s more difficult [to wait-and-see]. We’re preparing as if he’s not going to be there. I think that’s the best way to handle this,” he said.Fajardo showed up in Gilas’ last practice before flying to Lebanon in street clothes as a show of support.ADVERTISEMENT Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo “No. If he can’t play, then we go with 11,” Reyes told reporters Saturday.READ: Fajardo out of Gilas for Fiba Asia Cup due to injuryFEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsThe reigning three-time PBA MVP hasn’t ruled himself out of the Fiba Asia. He will join the team when it leaves for Beirut, Lebanon early Sunday morning.But Reyes said Gilas is already undergoing its buildup without Fajardo in mind rather than taking a wait-and-see approach. Injured center June Mar Fajardo, who walks with a limp, shows his full support for Gilas. Mark GiongcoGilas Pilipinas head coach Chot Reyes said he has no plans of replacing June Mar Fajardo in the Fiba Asia Cup lineup.Fajardo is expected to miss the tournament in Beirut, Lebanon due to a strained right calf.ADVERTISEMENT Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Church, environmentalists ask DENR to revoke ECC of Quezon province coal plant
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Napoli president De Laurentiis open to re-signing Higuainby Carlos Volcano7 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNapoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis says he’d be prepared to re-sign Gonzalo Higuain.Back with Juventus after a six month loan spell with Chelsea, Higuain has hit the ground running under former Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri.De Laurentiis said: “Sarri has many positive sides and some that are negative. In England he has improved, Juve has different dressing room dynamics from ours. “Higuain? If (Carlo) Ancelotti asked me, I would say why not…?” He added: “Against Liverpool, I saw the real Napoli.”
BLOOMINGTON, IN – AUGUST 31: J.T. Barrett #16 of the Ohio State Buckeyes throws a passl during the game against the Indiana Hoosiers at Memorial Stadium on August 31, 2017 in Bloomington, Indiana. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)Big Ten Media Days are currently taking place in Chicago this week, meaning the offseason is finally over, the preseason is here and the season is soon to come. In anticipation of the start of the 2016 season, the Big Ten Network has ranked the top 100 players in the conference. Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, Michigan State has the most players in the top 100. There are 15 Spartans in BTN’s top 100, one more than Ohio State. Here are the teams with the most players in the top 100:Michigan State – 15Ohio State – 14Michigan, Nebraska – 10 Penn State, Iowa – 9The top 10 players in the conference:10. TE Jake Butt, Michigan. Arguably the best tight end in the nation, Butt hauled in 51 passes for 654 yards and three scores last season, and should be even better for an exceptional Wolverine offense. 9. OL Dan Feeney, Indiana. This guy is a powerful force at the point of attack, he plays with a defensive mentality, and he’s a flat-out nasty. 8. LB Anthony Walker, Northwestern. Only three players in the nation had more tackles for loss (20.5) a season ago, and only two players in the Big Ten registered more tackles (122). 7. LB Raekwon McMillan, Ohio State. A likely future All-American and first-round selection, McMillan is a classic linebacker who can play with power and speed. 6. RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State. A freakish athlete, Barkley set the Penn State freshman rushing record (1,076 yards), all while missing two games and receiving one carry in the season opener. 5. DB Jourdan Lewis, Michigan. He defended 20 passes last season to emerge as one of the nation’s premier shutdown corners. 4. DT Malik McDowell, Michigan State. A dominant interior lineman with a knack for making huge plays, McDowell will anchor what should be an outstanding Michigan State defense in 2016. 3. DB/LBJabrill Peppers, Michigan. Cornerback. Safety. Linebacker. Even receiver. It doesn’t matter where No. 5 lines up, he’s a supreme talent who’s as “much-watch” as anyone in the nation. 2. DB Desmond King, Iowa. The reigning Jim Thorpe winner set a school record with eight interceptions last season, and enters the season as the nation’s top defensive back. 1. QB J.T. Barrett, Ohio State. He will be looking to recapture his 2014 form, when he was the top signal-caller in the Big Ten as a redshirt freshman. Barrett is a deadly combination of athletic ability and savvy who is the perfect fit for this offense. And he’s a great leader. You can view the full rankings here.[BTN]
Facebook/Leah PaskeTravis Rudolph, a wide receiver for the Florida State Seminoles, made the day of a young fan and his mother.During a visit to a local middle school, Rudolph sat down to eat lunch with a student with autism, so that he wouldn’t have to eat alone.Leah Paske, the boy’s mother, received a picture of the gesture, and penned an amazingly heartwarming Facebook post thanking him. It is absolutely worth a read. The full text of the post:Several times lately I have tried to remember my time in middle school, did I like all my teachers, do I even remember them? Did I have many friends? Did I sit with anyone at lunch? Just how mean were kids really? I remember one kid on the bus called me “Tammy Fay Baker” bc I started awkwardly wearing eye liner in the sixth grade, I remember being tough and calling him a silly name back, but when he couldn’t see me anymore I cried. I do remember middle school being scary, and hard. Now that I have a child starting middle school, I have feelings of anxiety for him, and they can be overwhelming if I let them. Sometimes I’m grateful for his autism. That may sound like a terrible thing to say, but in some ways I think, I hope, it shields him. He doesn’t seem to notice when people stare at him when he flaps his hands. He doesn’t seem to notice that he doesn’t get invited to birthday parties anymore. And he doesn’t seem to mind if he eats lunch alone. It’s one of my daily questions for him. Was there a time today you felt sad? Who did you eat lunch with today? Sometimes the answer is a classmate, but most days it’s nobody. Those are the days I feel sad for him, but he doesn’t seem to mind. He is a super sweet child, who always has a smile and hug for everyone he meets. A friend of mine sent this beautiful picture to me today and when I saw it with the caption “Travis Rudolph is eating lunch with your son” I replied “who is that?” He said “FSU football player”, then I had tears streaming down my face. Travis Rudolph, a wide receiver at Florida State, and several other FSU players visited my sons school today. I’m not sure what exactly made this incredibly kind man share a lunch table with my son, but I’m happy to say that it will not soon be forgotten. This is one day I didn’t have to worry if my sweet boy ate lunch alone, because he sat across from someone who is a hero in many eyes. Travis Rudolph thank you so much, you made this momma exceedingly happy, and have made us fans for life! #travisrudolph #gonoles#FSU #autismmom #fansforlifeRudolph was showed the post before practice, and his reaction was fantastic as well.Just spoke with #FSU WR Travis Rudolph. He told me he read the mother’s post before practice and that it nearly brought tears to his eyes.— Kenny Morales (@KennyMoralesTV) August 30, 2016Travis Rudolph: “He’s a cool person, I’ll hang out with him any day. And for the mom, if he needs my (cell) number, he can get it.” #FSU— Kenny Morales (@KennyMoralesTV) August 30, 2016Unfortunately, we have to deal with a lot of horrible issues in covering college football, often on a daily basis. It makes it far easier to know that the vast majority of players, like Travis Rudolph, are legitimately good people, and prove it with their actions off the field.[CBS Sports]
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – 14-year-old Chance Clark, on the morning of January 22nd, 2019 when crossing the intersection of 85th Ave and 86th Street was making his way to school when he was struck by a vehicle.Clark, being admitted to the FSJ Hospital in a critical state, was flown to the Vancouver Children’s Hospital. His injuries would include, shattered femurs, a broken pelvis and multiple broken ribs.According to the GoFundMe set up to help Clark’s recovery, his first surgery on January 24, had to be aborted mid-operation due to respiratory distress. Pins and external braces were temporarily put into place until his condition stabilized. Due to the complications of the first surgery, Clark is slated for another surgery on Tuesday, January 29, where he will have rods installed through the center of his femurs.Clark has been in and out of consciousness since the accident, able to speak to his parents for a few minutes at a time before blacking out again.Until he is further stabilized, doctors are not able to provide a recovery timeline to Clark’s parents. He has undergone 2 CT scans and is presently waiting for his condition to improve to undergo an MRI.The GofundMe goes on to express the driver of the vehicle did the right thing – he immediately called emergency services and stayed with Clark until they arrived. He is cooperating with the police and very remorseful.To view the GoFundMe; CLICK HERE