Earlier this year, Irish alt-rock heroes The Cranberries announced their plans to release a final album, In The End, featuring their late singer, Dolores O’Riordan, who died suddenly at age 46 in January 2018. The lead single from their forthcoming final studio album, “All Over Now”, was also shared with the announcement. On Wednesday, the band took the next step in what will be their final album cycle under The Cranberries banner by debuting their new animated music video for the recently-released song.The video features animation and creative direction from artist Daniel Britt, whose past work includes contributions to that epic LSD-inspired music video for Adult Swim‘s Rick and Morty. The video’s storyline follows an animated young lady, who could be considered to be a fictional nod to the band’s beloved late singer. Viewers follow the character through a rainy, dismal landscape, which somewhat mirrors the song’s lyrical themes of domestic abuse. It’s worth noting that even with the abundance of darker themes presented throughout the video, the lead character does find solace through the light from a seaside lighthouse by the end. Fans can watch the new video below.The Cranberries – “All Over Now”[Video: TheCranberriesTV]“We thought animation was the way to go — it was either that or have actors in the video,” guitarist Noel Hogan said of the video. “But animation is something we’d never really done, so we thought it would be nice.”Hogan also went on to admit that the band’s label continues to push for more music videos behind the upcoming album, much to the chagrin of the band. Discussions on the potential for another video for the album’s next single, “Wake Me When It’s Over”, are ongoing.“The record company is really kind of pushing for a mix of old footage of us,” Hogan continued. “I don’t know if that’s something we want to do. We kind of feel a video should in some way represent the song more so than be just a bunch of clips that look nice. It’s kind of an ongoing discussion at the moment.”The Cranberries will plan on disbanding entirely following the release of In The End on April 26th via BMG.
Curry C.L. Montague, principal custodian of Notre Dame’s Main Building for about 30 years, died April 7 at the Sanctuary at Holy Cross, a South Bend senior living community, at the age of 81, according to a University press release.“In a sense, he was almost an icon of the building itself,” University president emeritus Fr. Edward A. “Monk” Malloy said in a statement. “His enthusiasm and upbeat perspective were shown continuously.”A Mississippi native, Montague moved to South Bend in 1947. He worked in the Main Building for nearly 30 years before retiring in 2000, the press release stated.“In 2004, Montague’s name was added to Notre Dame’s Wall of Honor, a display on the Main Building’s ground floor recognizing ‘exceptional men and women whose contributions to Notre Dame are lasting, pervasive and profound,’” the press release stated. “According to his citation, one of 27 on the wall, Montague ‘provided the Notre Dame community and its guests with a congenial, memorable and inspiring example of how hard work, devoted service and charity transform duty into joy.’”Tags: Death
Have you always wanted to market a family heirloom recipe or a new creation from your own kitchen? If so, a one-day workshop at the University of Georgia may teach you how to make your culinary dreams come true.Set for April 27 on the UGA campus in Athens, Ga., the Starting a New Food Business in Georgia workshop will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. The workshop will be led by experts from the UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, food industry representatives and food business entrepreneurs. Participants will learn how to evaluate, start and run a business that produces and sells food products. The class will cover the feasibility of a new business, planning and funding, legal and regulatory issues, quality and food safety concerns, effective packaging, production strategies and marketing. The cost of the workshop is $100 which includes workshop materials and lunch. The workshop is co-sponsored by the UGA Food Science Extension Outreach Program and the UGA Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development.Space is limited to the first 40 registrants and the deadline to register is April 9. To register online, go to www.EFSonline.uga.edu and look for the calendar link.
Supreme Court Issues Stay on Enforcement of U.S. Rule Limiting Coal Burn FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Adam Liptak and Coral Davenport for the New York Times:The Supreme Court on Tuesday temporarily blocked the administration’s effort to combat global warming by regulating emissions from coal-fired power plants.The brief order was not the last word on the case, which is most likely to return to the Supreme Court after an appeals court considers an expedited challenge from 29 states and dozens of corporations and industry groups.But the Supreme Court’s willingness to issue a stay while the case proceeds was an early hint that the program could face a skeptical reception from the justices.The 5-to-4 vote, with the court’s four liberal members dissenting, was unprecedented — the Supreme Court had never before granted a request to halt a regulation before review by a federal appeals court.“It’s a stunning development,” Jody Freeman, a Harvard law professor and former environmental legal counsel to the Obama administration, said in an email. She added that “the order certainly indicates a high degree of initial judicial skepticism from five justices on the court,” and that the ruling would raise serious questions from nations that signed on to the landmark Paris climate change pact in December.The two sides differed about whether current declines in coal mining and coal-fired power generation are attributable to the administration’s plan. “Some of the nation’s largest coal companies have declared bankruptcy, due in no small part to the rule,” a group of utilities told the justices.A coalition of environmental groups and companies that produce and rely on wind and solar power said other factors were to blame for coal’s decline.“These changes include the abundant supply of relatively inexpensive natural gas, the increasing cost-competitiveness of electricity from renewable generation sources such as solar and wind power, the deployment of low-cost energy efficiency and other demand-side measures, and increasing consumer demand for advanced energy,” they wrote.Full article: Supreme Court Deals Blow to Obama’s Efforts to Regulate Coal Emissions
The Austrian subsidiary of the Generali insurance group will transfer its company pension fund to a multi-employer provider, the €500m Bonus Pensionskasse.Generali (12.5%) and Zurich insurance company (87,5%) are co-owners of the retirement service provider, which is offering a Pensionskasse, a provident fund and the consultancy business Concisa.The merger is not yet official but was announced in the invitation to the Generali Pensionskassen’s AGM.Market participants familiar with the deal have also confirmed the news. Bonus told IPE it could not comment until the deal was closed.The merger could still happen this year together with the much larger integration of the Victoria Volksbanken Pensionskasse (VVPK) into the Bonus Pensionskasse.Bonus had won the bidding for the €660m VVPK, which will more than double its assets once both deals are finalised.With the outsourcing of the Generali pension plan, the number of real company pension funds in Austria has now fallen to five – energy provider EVN, semiconductor manufacturer Infineon, car company Porsche, the social insurance for self-employed people SVA and the Austrian branch of computer giant IBM.In recent years, Unilever, Shell, local energy provider Verbund and Austrian economic chamber WKÖ, among others, have outsourced their pension plans to multi-employer providers, most often citing increased complexity in regulation and asset management.Other smaller Pensionskassen, however, such as the one offered by EVN, remain company-owned but are managed by multi-employer plans – in this case, VBV.Meanwhile, a symposium on pensions was held in the Austrian Parliament earlier this week to inform MPs about current trends in the three pillars of the pension system.Bernd Marin, pensions expert and new director at the Webster University in Vienna, told delegates that Pensionskassen “need to be more attractive” to offer more people the chance for supplementary savings for their retirement.He urged the government to allow employees to make unlimited additional tax-free contributions to pension plans.The current cap is set at €300 annually.He also called for more flexible investment rules for Pensionskassen.Additionally, all bargaining agreements should include an option to join a pension plan, he said, a demand the pension fund association FVPK has made repeatedly.
In Sierra Leone, thousands of new and expectant mothers will receive free lessons as part of a new nationwide initiative led by government and development partners.Teenage pregnancy rates spiked during the country’s 18-month Ebola outbreak.And usually pregnant girls aren’t allowed to return to classrooms.
The refund is reportedly being anticipated due to games not taking place asAdvertisement Clubs in the Premier League may have to repay an estimated UK£340 million (US$419.3 million) to domestic and international broadcasters, even if the current season restarts behind closed doors. Loading… read also:10 EPL clubs ‘reject’ Newcastle takeover by Saudi consortium expected – both because they will be played without fans and at different times to originally scheduled. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?8 Shows That Overstayed Their Welcome6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?You’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?6 Unforgettable Shows From The 90s That Need To Make A ComebackA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs
Loading… read also:Conte fighting in London court to recover ‘£27m he lost to scammer’ “We should know what really happened and the reason for the dispute. At this point the president and Marotta must know things. They will have to make the decision. I trust they will find the right solution.” Asked if there is a limit to tolerating Conte’s rants, Paolillo added: “For a manager, yes, because there are too many character precedents. At that point you need to take the right precautions, even contractual. This is not nice and I’m sorry because I respect Conte very much, and already in unsuspecting times, I won’t hide it, I would have liked to have seen him at Inter earlier.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentBrother Creates A Phenomenal Dress For His SisterMost Beautiful Female Supermodels From India7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?6 Most Breathtaking Bridges In The WorldTop 10 Enemies Turned Friends in TV Former Inter Milan chief, Ernesto Paolillo, feels the club has acted properly with coach Antonio Conte. Paolillo has praised the board for not reacting immediately after Conte’s outburst at the end of the Serie A season. He told TMW, “The club is doing very well. There has been no comment from anyone, neither the president nor Marotta nor the other managers. This is what they have to do.Advertisement
Statewide — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) has reported that 688 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 on Monday. A total of 87,592 Indiana residents have tested positive for the coronavirus. To date, 977,802 individual tests have been reported to ISDH at an 8.7% positivity rate and 5 new deaths were reported for a total of 3,008 Hoosier deaths.Dearborn County has a total of 556 cases and 28 deaths reported (up 3 new cases), Decatur County has a total of 374 positive cases and 33 deaths (up 5 new cases), Franklin County has 261 positive cases and 22 deaths (no change), and Ripley County has 234 positive cases and 8 deaths (no change). Locally, this is an increase of 8 new positive cases.
O’Connell sustained the injury in the 23-21 victory over Australia in the first Test at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday, and it was announced on Monday that he would play no further part in the series. “Paul’s a massive loss. He’s such a big influence on the group and has been playing exceptionally well. But you have to get on with these things,” Rowntree said. Press Association British and Irish Lions assistant coach Graham Rowntree refused to dwell on Paul O’Connell’s tour-ending fractured arm, insisting you have to “roll with the punches when it comes to injuries”. “I’d like him to stay on, but I’m not sure what he’ll do. You just have to roll with the punches when it comes to injuries.” Rowntree also revealed that a clearer picture over Alex Corbisiero’s calf injury will emerge over the next 24-48 hours but was unable to give an update on Jamie Roberts’ hamstring problem. O’Connell’s Ireland team-mate Sean O’Brien spoke of the void left by the 2009 Lions skipper’s exit from the tour. The Ireland lock has been told he can remain with the Lions rather than returning home, but has yet to make a decision on whether he will stay Down Under. “Paul’s obviously a massive loss. It’s a decision for him to make if he wants to stay on. He’s a big influence. Personally I’d like to see him stay on,” O’Brien said. “The injuries aren’t too big a problem. We have lads to cover in all positions and that shows the strength of the squad.”